welcome

I'm glad you've decided to stop by and take a look at my blog. Please please please make comments. Please!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

On the road again

I have seen for the first time in 100 years of conflict, the two peoples - the Israeli people and the Palestinian people - are ahead of their leaderships. -
Amos Oz

I found this poem by David Whyte tonight and put it up next to one of my favorite Israeli authors, Amos Oz.  The poem literally screams into my life, my work and my upcoming journey to Israel and Palestine.  "..you come to a place whose only task is to trouble you with tiny but frightening requests..."  I am already wondering what frightening requests I may find along the road to meetings, olive trees and holy sites.  These are the "questions that have no right to go away."  



SOMETIMES

Sometimes
if you move carefully
through the forest,

breathing
like the ones
in the old stories,

who could cross
a shimmering bed of leaves
without a sound,

you come to a place
whose only task

is to trouble you
with tiny
but frightening requests,

conceived out of nowhere
but in this place
beginning to lead everywhere.

Requests to stop what
you are doing right now,
and

to stop what you
are becoming
while you do it,

questions
that can make
or unmake
a life,

questions
that have patiently
waited for you,

questions
that have no right
to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment