welcome

I'm glad you've decided to stop by and take a look at my blog. Please please please make comments. Please!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday evening prayer

Tuesday evening prayer, March 10 









This morning we walked the Via Dolorosa (Stations of the Cross).  It was a time of prayer and devotion.  Then, we went to Bethlehem to shop right by the checkpoint and a part of the Separation Wall between Jerusalem and the West Bank.  Throughout this time, I have found myself very resistant to shopping and so I mostly stayed outside and did another sort of Stations of the Cross prayer with the art and stories along this section of the Wall.  Then, this afternoon we went to the Church of St. Peter in Gallicantu.  We went down to the dungeon where Jesus was to have been scourged and imprisoned.  I was asked to read Psalm 88.  The words stuck in my throat, because all I could think about was the Wall.  

Read Psalm 88 in a translation of your choosing.    Pray for those who feel cut off.  Pray for those who are forgotten, abused and abandoned  Pray for all who have said, “Darkness is my closest friend.”

May God grant you rest, peace and all you need for tomorrow.  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment