welcome

I'm glad you've decided to stop by and take a look at my blog. Please please please make comments. Please!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Blogging by photo

Traditional blogging, at least my tradition, is proving to be entirely too difficult for me while here in Israel and Palestine.  Partly, the spotty internet connection, time difference and other matters make it a challenge.  Secondly, I can't put coherent paragraphs and thoughts together.  The personal, political and theological implications are too great for me to begin to process right now.  So, I'm adapting.
I am writing prayer reflections for Casa, the Facebook prayer community (you can join the group Casa: An experiment in doing church online).  I'm also going to post the same-said reflections here.  It will likely be a single image from my pilgrimage here, a scripture passage and a question or prayer prompt.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Here is my first attempt.

Sunrise in Tiberias


6-7 In my prosperity I said, “This is forever; nothing can stop me now! The Lord has shown me his favor. He has made me steady as a mountain.” Then, Lord, you turned your face away from me and cut off your river of blessings.[a] Suddenly my courage was gone; I was terrified and panic-stricken. I cried to you, O Lord; oh, how I pled: “What will you gain, O Lord, from killing me? How can I praise you then to all my friends? How can my dust in the grave speak out and tell the world about your faithfulness? 10 Hear me, Lord; oh, have pity and help me.” 11 Then he turned my sorrow into joy! He took away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy 12 so that I might sing glad praises to the Lord instead of lying in silence in the grave. O Lord my God, I will keep on thanking you forever!  -
(Psalm 30, The Living Bible)

So, how might God be turning your mourning into joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment