welcome

I'm glad you've decided to stop by and take a look at my blog. Please please please make comments. Please!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

I am so confused

Yesterday was a whirlwind day.  We checked out of our lovely Roman Catholic guest house, and got on the road to a few more sites and then to our lodging for the next several nights.  In the span of about of roughly twelve hours, we road a boat, climbed a hill, saw another ruin, ate a fabulous lunch, crossed cultures numerous times, drove miles, got lost at least 3 or 4 times, and finally fell into our beds at around 11:30 pm.

I fear that the only way I can express this cognitive, spiritual and emotional dissonance, is to expose you to a poem in its raw and unedited form:

Places
Many and Varied
Joy and Sorrow on rocky landscape
Don't know where to begin or where to stop
Lost

Rich
Full and Overflowing
An assault to my senses
So many questions and so few answers
Depraved

Flavors
Tastes and Seasonings
A colorful palate of cuisine
A terrible place to diet or deny one's hunger
Imbibe

Religion
Devout and Evident
Nearly humorous caricatures of traditions
Altogether serious and sometimes frightening
Deadly

Race
Who and What
Cannot begin to sort it out
Complicated beyond all comprehension
Division

Ancient
Rocks and buildings
Journey to the places of significance
Honor the faith of those who have walked ahead
Rooted

Nearly every word and phrase here has at least a double meaning for me, if not more.  If any of you can figure this out, please enlighten me!

No comments:

Post a Comment