welcome

I'm glad you've decided to stop by and take a look at my blog. Please please please make comments. Please!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Counting Down

So, on Friday at roughly 11:30 am, I will go in for the full hysterectomy.  I appreciate all the response with prayers, notes, calls, lunches, offers for meals etc.  I feel so amazingly blessed by the community that surrounds me.  I will be working this week but have to start surgery preparation on Thursday so probably will head home mid-day and relax.  Who knows, maybe I will schedule a massage!  If you want to call to check on me, you can reach David, my husband at 925-783-4786.  I am not going to take my cell phone to the hospital with me, nor do I plan to do much communicating while I'm in the hospital.  My main focus will be to rest and recuperate.  I feel incredibly calm and "ready."  Pre-operation doctor appointment tomorrow to check me in for the surgery on Friday.  I will update you myself when I feel up to being "electronic" again. 
Living what I preach! Gail

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear this but will be praying for you and your recovery. We as women are blessed to be able to give life and that part has served you well. I remember another surgery of yours many years ago that woke us all up to how fragile life is. You will do fine with the support of your wonderful family and friends. God's speed. Carol G.

    ReplyDelete